8/30/14

Week 12: Love Never Gives Up

The Greek text is “all things it bears”, so you’ve probably also read it as “Love bears all things.” The word for bears is “stegei” which literally translates as “placing under a roof” or “to cover, conceal or bear with.”

Endure. Cover. Protect. Shield.

Always.

The best example I have of this in my own life is God. It doesn’t seem to matter what I do, where I go, who I am, what I choose, He is always there. He never gives up on me. He bears all things for me. He shields me and covers me. He washes away my sin. He walks me through my pain. He places a roof over my head, a home over my heart. He reassures me when I'm scared. He was with me in every moment. Even in my darkest hour. When I look back in prayer, wondering why God would let something so traumatic happen to me, I realize He was there. When I was utterly alone, scared for my life, and totally ignorant to what was happening, He was sitting beside me. He was holding my hand. And He was whispering to me that everything was going to be okay, and that He was sorry bad things happen. He doesn’t want these things to happen to us. That’s why He came. That’s why He teaches us to pray, “Father, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” Because His will isn’t always being done on earth. On earth, horrible things might happen to us, outside of God’s plan for us. But He promises to always be there. To be at our side. To collect our tears. To comfort us. And to take all the bad things and turn it into something good. (Jer 29:11)

He just never lets go.

He never gives up.

Sometimes I give up. I want to give up a lot. Especially lately. I want to throw in the towel. I feel I just don’t have it in me anymore. I’ve been struggling with doubt. I wonder why God leaves me with something that I can’t shake, can’t overcome, something I keep coming back to in my darkest moments. I wonder if God is really changing me and shaping me and making me more like Him.

I feel that I need to Rejoice with Truth in this area of my life, but I don’t know where to start.

Sometimes the truth is far away, and we can only see it through a hazy fog.

Along with Rejoicing with Truth (Week 11), I also need to Never Give Up. The same way God never gives up on me. It’s so silly to think about giving up on God. He’s God. He’ll always be there. He always was. I am such a small and insignificant grain of sand compared to Him. How can I even question Him? And yet, His love for me is endless. It never leaves, it never forsakes, it never lets go. And so what can I do but also never let go, never give up, always stand on truth, even when I don’t understand? What can I do but press on, even when I can’t move? What can I do but believe He is the only way, even when I don’t see a way in front of me? What can I do but rejoice in His truth, the only one that makes sense, the only one that sets my heart on fire, the only one that makes me alive.

The only one that Fills My Heart With Hope.

Love Never Lets Go.

Love Never Gives Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If 15 Weeks to LOVE is going to make a difference, we have to do this together. Post your comments, your struggles, your victories, your funny stories, so we can share together in this journey. It's not an easy one, but moving forward as a team will help us endure to the end; and press forward for the greater goal. So please tell me what you think, and how you're doing.